Monday, January 19, 2009

New weeks resolutions.

I have goals for this week. Some new weeks’ resolutions, if you will. These goals aren’t something I’m just saying I need to get done, but something I genuinely hope and pray to get done and to apply to the next week and the next and the next, and so on.

#1: I plan to use my school time wisely and quit procrastinating . Too often, I sit around, play guitar, pet the dog…eat – just a lot of stuff I don’t need to be doing, while my schoolwork sits there unfinished. Often times I don’t even finish until sometime very late. So my goal is to finish school by 2:30 or earlier, every day of the week. Also, on a related note, I need to do my schoolwork more efficiently. I tend to do the easier things first, when I really need to do harder things first, because my mind is clearer in the mornings.
And one more school-related thing. Thanks to my clever and smart dad, I have figured out my problem with algebra. It’s simple. I right down as little work as possible, and do too much in my head, and I end up confused (that’s not the problem EVERY time, but it’s a big part of it). So in the future I plan to right down everything and pay more attention, and therefore get much better grades.

#2: I plan to spend less time doing nothing. Once I finally do finish my school, I usually walk around bored and without anything to do for a period of time. Like an hour or two. I realize that this period of nothingness is a waste of the precious time of life. I need to fill these times with something meaningful. Even if it’s something little like cleaning up my room.

#3: number 3 number 3 number threeeeeeee…dang it..there was a number 3 but I forgot it. I’ll think of it later.

Until then, please pray for me to get these things done and established as priorities. Thanks.

11 comments:

Emily said...

I can totally relate about school. I'll be praying for ya!

Another thing you can do when you're doing nothing is read your Bible! Very good and meaningful way to use your time!

Wesley said...

It seems like a whole bunch of teens are struggling with procrastination right now... I can definitely relate. It's good to see that you're recognizing these things, though.

I have to agree with Emily... read your Bible. Or you can write worship music. =)

Matt said...

yeah everybody has the same problems, haha. some of them anyway.

thanks for the advise. i would love to write music but i have no skill, so...haha yeah. i do know some worship songs though...

Matt said...

advice...i need to stop spelling stuff Britishly, haha.

Emily said...

I didn't know that was British...I just though 'advice' was something you give and 'advise' is something you do? lol, who cares anyways =P

Anonymous said...

I will try to remember to pray for you. =D

Wesley said...

I spell most stuff the British way, and I never learned how to. Haha.

Matt said...

well yes Emily, that's true...but i think it's also the British way...haha i don't really know. but that's why we have google.

okay well i looked it up and i think they spell it the same...so whatever.

Emily said...

haha, ok. I love spelling stuff the British way =D

Matt said...

haha well British is just awesome in general.

Chelsea said...

Yay! Someone else who is not too fond of algebra! =P
You're in my prayers!