Tuesday, December 15, 2009

all these BIRDS O.o

We all know the song, the 12 days of Christmas. It's a classic. Well, you know how, in the song, 'me' lists /all/ the gifts /every/ day, then adds the new gift? Well, I figured that meant that, every time a new gift was given, it started a sort of 'tradition', and that same gift was given every day, along with all the others and a new one for each day. Basically, 'my true love' gave 'me' more than just 1 partridge, 2 turtle doves, 3 French hens, etc. So I made a calculation. I figured out just how many of each gift 'me' ends up with on the 12th day. The calculating was simple - since the day the gift was first given corresponds with the amount of the gift, I just multiplied the number of the day by the number of days left, including the current day. So for example, at day two, there were 11 days left, so multiply 11 by 2 to get 22 turtle doves. Make sense? Probably not lol. But here's what I got:

'Me' ends up with 12 partridges in pear trees, 22 turtle doves, 36 calling birds, 40 golden rings, 42 geese a-laying, 42 swans a-swimming, 40 maids a-milking, 36 ladies dancing, 30 lords a-leaping, 22 pipers piping, and 12 drummers drumming.

That's a lot of birds! haha

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Lindsay Taylor said...

hahaha the 'me' parts were funny, it was like you were talking with a british accent :D

wow, yum-o. We have all sorts of Christmas fowl to eat. haha ;)

Anonymous said...

haha whoa... o.O no that didn't make any sense... xD but I *have* noticed all those birds before...

Unknown said...

haha you have waaaaaaayyyy too much time on your hands :D i followed your logic amazingly well though good eye :D