Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In a World....

If you're familiar with the late Don LaFontaine - TV, radio, and movie trailer announcer - then you're also familiar with the way he started most of his trailers: "In a world..." Well, I've been thinking on that recently, among other things, and I realized that, not too long ago, there could of been a trailer about some futuristic world - the world you and I live in - and it would start with "in a world". In a world where profane garbage is all that's on TV, in a world where not fitting in has led to mass murder, in a world where the economy is out of control, and it costs $400 dollars a month to get where you gotta go.
All I gotta say is, it may seem scary, but we'll make it through, and it's all good.

2 comments:

Emily said...

good point....it kinda makes you wonder if the end is soon!?!

Matt said...

I know, really. If that's true, it's kinda sad, with our lives just starting out. But of course, we won't regret it once we get There.