Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's been a while...

yeah...I've just been kinda extra busy with school and trying to get that song put together. but I'm still alive :)
Have you noticed? Lately I've been using smilies, like a LOT recently, haha. I guess that's just because I was deprived of them for so long :)
Well recently I kinda decided that I want to learn to drive manual. I don't know why but I do. I want a manual 60's or 70's Beetle. It would rock my socks.

My dad is having back problems again, but I don't really know why...plus he's got a really bad cold and there are a lot of employees where he works that he basically has to fire, and he really doesn't feel good about that. He would appreciate your prayers.

Prayer is very comforting through hectic chaotic weeks like this one....I have prayed a lot this week. I'm hoping that the week will get better through the remaining days. So far it looks like today isn't too bad. Yesterday was probably the worst day of this week so far. I woke up late, was doing bad in school, and I had a lot of interruptions, so I ended up having to quit. But while I was doing my math, in the video lesson (which is taught by a Christian guy) the teacher said something that inspired me the rest of that day and today. He was talking about how as Christians our main goal in life is to glorify God and use every opportunity we could (in school, particularly) to learn and develop our God-given brains (he words things a bit odd sometimes...). And then I realized that I haven't been doing that at all. I skip stuff just because it gets late and I don't want to do it anymore. Well I decided to start working harder. Today and for the rest of the week, and ultimately the rest of my high school years, it's my goal to be done at a reasonable time, and if I'm not, then I need to keep going until everything, EVERYTHING, that I'm supposed to have done is done.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I've tried manual. I hate it, haha, but I'm glad you do =P

I'll be praying for your dad =/

Oh, I totally feel you there. I feel the same way. And I've been praying like crazy this week....and I've most definitely felt it. Actually, it's made my week quite wonderful =)

Matt said...

haha well you haven't been driving for very long yet...I plan to start learning after I've had my license for a while.

thanks.

yeah I hear you're behind on some things...I definitely know how that is.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

I'm behind for a few good reasons and a few bad reasons on Chemistry, but I've managed to stay on track with everything else. haha, but yeah...being behind is not fun =/

Wesley said...

I've never driven a manual... I guess I'll have to some time.

I'll be praying for him. =/

I know how that is... especially in my American History... they tell me to read stuff, and then never ask me any questions about it. I could get away with not doing it, but then I realize that that's the same as just not doing my school...

Matt said...

Well, even if it's just one thing, it can tend to really mess you up sometimes. Hope you get caught up :)

thanks Wes. Yeah I know what you mean.

Emily said...

Yeah, Wesley. I think you and I do the same thing for history. You do Notgrass, right? It's funny to me why they never have questions for the reading....

Matt said...

I usually have a lot of in-depth questions for history...this week I had to do a project instead though...and I put it off a couple days and ended up finishing it late.